View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Clint you will never get an accurate reading on your black tank guage. The sensors are probes that go into the tank and once some of the "yucky stuff"which includes toilet paper get on them it is nearly impossible to ever get them to read correctly again. The only way you will ever get an accurate reading is if you install some of the other type of sensors that sense the level from the outside of the tank. How they work is beyond me but supposedly they do work. They do make them and from what I understand the wiring for those to the tank sensors now can be used on them also but don't quote me on that. You'll just have to live with bad sensors on the black tank and kind of program yourself to dump the tank every 5 days or so. Also hopefully you are not leaving the valve open for the water to drain out. This is a really bad idea since the dreaded "Pyramid" will form and then you've got REAL problems. I use Happy Camper in all three of my tanks and it seems to break down the solids in the black tank well and removes the soap scum I the two grey water tanks. I normally put some Cascade dishwashing powder with Dawn and also about a couple capfuls of Calgon liquid water softener along with about 5 gallons of water in the black tank after dumping and heading back to the storage area. This seems to clean the tank pretty well and when I get to the next campground I add some water to the tank and then dump it and rinse it out well after set up.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote