View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
HamRad

We had TWO of those go, both on the potty room door, luckily, NO ONE was INSIDE that potty room when the door handle failed and we had to break into the room. It was not easy, took 2 men and a lot of grunting, swearing (ooops, did I say that) and sweating. The first one was replaced with OEM and it broke in something like 3 months??

As far as Dave's suggestion about the screwdriver on the entrance door, there was some reason we could not get to that lock??? Sorry, the old dripping memory banks don't remember why Al said we could not do that??

As with every other failure we MOCer's experience, I am sure there was a little bit of a different reason for each failure.

And for those that lived through the 2 potty door adventures with us, NO, I still will not go in there and shut the door, and Al replaced with really really good lock sets (from Menards??) he got two, did the potty door and the washer/dryer/storage closet door at the same time. I figure 3 times and I will not only be out, but, I will probably be IN that potty room when it won't open. Can we spell claustophobic??

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote