View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 05:45 AM   #27
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Lippert Jacks Falling - update

When I got the rig hitched up and ready to go home - ran the rear jacks up and down couple of times and observed drivers side rear jacks coming down about 1” - which was much less than they had come down previously. I put ratchet straps on both jacks and headed home.

Once we got home and had the RV backed into its spot, I started cycling the jacks (while I was still hooked up to the truck) as suggested by ChuckS (post #22 above)…I put the system into MANUAL MODE and ran five cycles with some rest in between to let the pump cool. A cycle included both front jacks and the four rear jacks extended until they all contacted the ground - then run them back up. I used the REAR button and the RIGHT and LEFT button running them up and down. Then I unhitched and ran auto-level. I retracted all 4 rear jacks to see if they would stay up or fall…and so far - all jacks are staying up!! It must have been an air bubble that developed over the year of inactivity and not exercising the jacks.

I learned my lesson! I will clean/wipe the legs and exercise them once or twice per month from here on out. I need to call Lippert and close the ticket. I still need to remove the feet and beat them back flat. The ratchet straps bent them into a deep U shape.

I appreciate all the help and advice!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote