View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 07:27 AM   #22
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
This morning I tried a "bump" as described by dieselguy above. The slides are still out as we are not done loading up some stuff to the camper - so I have not run the slides for a couple of cycles yet. Just curious - do you do the "bump" everytime - 1 bump for the slides and 1 bump for the legs? Or is it 1 bump either place for "the system"?

Still - the two drivers side legs came back down. The one in front of the tires came down lower than before. Its still a bit dark but I need to look at those connections again to make sure there are no leaks. I will head to the store to get some more substantial straps to see if I can keep them up. Thanks for the suggestions and insight.

Dieselguy mentioned the "test port". That is where I saw some red fluid on the tip and some evidence of stain on the frame by the battery...not much stain...indicating that it has been a slow drip. What does that indicate?
Some folks do not realize that with the Hyd leveler and hyd slides HYDRAULIC PRESSURE is what either keeps both Extended or Retracted.

There will be 2000 psi of pressure on the retract side even with the hydraulic pump not running after the slides and levelers are retracted.

I would have to do a bypass test on the drivers side (mid/rear) leveler legs. They are connected in tandem so if one is leaking internally it affects both.. IN your case either those two levelers have an issue or the Hydac valve for that side is not fully seating when the system is not running.. valves are held closed via spring pressure

The Test port drip shown in your picture is on the extend manifold block and there is another test port for the return side as well ( black lines ).. The test ports are where you hook up two psi gauges so that you can monitor system extend and retract pressures if you are troubleshooting certain issues.

I would cycle the leveling system another 5 times fully retracted and extended = 1 cycle.. Do Five cycles and pause after about every 2 cycles to let pump motor cool down.

Then retract and if the levelers slowly start extending when retracted do an internal bypass test on those two levelers .. very easy test if you have some basic skills

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001910.pdf

Regarding "Bumping" the system.. In 10 years on my current all hyd slides and six point hyd level up system I have never done this.. and it really does not pass my logic test.

There is a hydraulic pressure cutoff switch mounted on the return side manifold.. Its purpose is to kill power to the Hyd pump and Hydac solenoids if the system were to build excessive pressure ( about its cutoff limit )..
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote