Thread: 12 volt system
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
12 volt system

I have a problem with my 12-volt system in my 2005 3295rk.When hooked up to shore power everything works good.When I disconnect shore power I have next to nothing for power,very low lights indicating weak battery.When I use the 12-volt with shore power lights I can here the fan on the converter go on,so I can assume the converter is working.There are no led lights on the converter for a open cicuit.I checked the fuse near the battery(30-amp)which was good.I have a IOTA converter which I contacted them but got no response I understand there are some fuses behind the converter but don't know what size or kind they are.I would like to know what they are before I pull the converter from the wall in the event they are blown.If they are not blown I don't know what the problem is and I'm far from a electrician.
OK I got behind the fuse panel and saw the two paddle fuses (35 amp)on the converter and they were good,the battery was good,actually showed 13 volts on a meter with the cables disconnected. I even took the batery out and put it on a charger for a day.So I'm still making no headway.I not given up yet I still have a question on three things (1)why would I get some power on the 12 volt system(very dim 12 volt light) (2)In the battery compartment there are two small junction post that cables are bolted together and mounted to the metal compartment,there are two of these and I don't know what they do,each of them have two post and some cables go to each of the post held on with a nut.(3)What determines when the 12 volt system runs off the converter or the battery?
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote