View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #15
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
If you are taking your new camper to a "permanent" campsite, I doubt you'll have very many problems with it. The problem with the new Montana's is, although they strongly advertise they are 4 season, and are good us use to zero degrees, yada, yada, yada....

The fact is, yes... they are designed for full-time living. But they are NOT designed for full-time TRAVELING. They somehow have a way of falling apart, things break loose, and things crumble and disintegrate, screws break out, and shelves break if you actually travel in them. Don't ask me how I know.... Well, go ahead and ask. But I think you know already.

After rebuilding the camper, strengthening, fixing shelves, getting new doors and tires, well, about the last 9 months nothing has fallen apart since. And we travel a lot.

So, if yours is going to be stationary, it will serve you well for a long, long time with minimal failure points. However, if you plan on traveling eventually, before hitting the road, get new tires at a bare minimum! Mine blew after only about 4 months of ownership along an Interstate, somewhere in Tennessee.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote