View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 10:03 AM   #56
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
That is correct. The "flex" is in the left or right(sometimes both) areas under and slightly forward of the front slide and usually causes a splitting of the caulking at the seam of the trim and lower wall at the overhang, some have had a slight bulge under the slide and a few have cracked the fiberglass around the joint at the front lower edge of the slide. There is not a problem with towing the rig as it has not ever been shown to be a safety issue, only cosmetic. However, some have also had the closet floors pushed up and wall inside cracked. It is really a break in the aluminum structure that is sitting on the steel frame.
very interesting, so I purchased mine (2019 3701RD Legacy FBP) Late Aug of 2019 T took it in for the last warranty before it expired in Nov where it sat for 3.5 months. I had a list of 28 items and they approved all but one that was the splitting of Caulking in that area, I assumed it was a dry calk that had likely split.

One would think that would be a red flag to Keystone where they would at least investigate further since I unknowingly brought it up? I cannot imagine they are that devious that would push it off especially if cracking seams are a tell-tale.

I would assume that is not a guaranty that there is an issue but still concerning. Since we just spent 3.5 months in warranty and it is scheduled to go to our summer location (where it will be moved maybe 300' 4 or 5 timers this camping season (with the exception of 1 trip to Montana I will deal with this this fall since it is not a structural issue.

Having full body paint I would imagine that the repair becomes even more complicated...

Thanks for the explanation
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote