View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 05:59 AM   #11
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Since you hadn't used it since October, I'd say it wouldn't be unusual for the seal to stick a bit.

When I've had a similar problem, if it doesn't open after two tries with the electric motor, I try a couple of times with the Manual knob. I try to be a bit careful with that as well, since I'm not sure how much stress the manual knob will take or how much the rest of the linkages will take. If that doesn't work, I go to the source of the problem, the cover and seal. I've only had to go up on the roof once or twice in 2 years to help "unstick" from up there while my wife operates the manual knob from the inside. We have had no problems when we are using the fans fairly regularly, and we do use the Fantastic fans frequently in the warmer weather. If they sit unused for a while, especially in damp weather, the seal will stick sometimes.

You might want to consider getting a replacement manual knob from either Campering World or the manufacturer. Probably need the correct screw to attach it, as well. Sure woiuld make life simpler if you encounter the problem again.

Best,

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote