View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #125
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Wrenchtraveller,

The specs on the 2005 2955RL put the empty pin weight at 21.1%. The 2006 pin weight is advertized at 18.4%. Using your logic, the 2005 model should be more "stable" than the 2006 model since it was designed to carry more weight on the pin. My question is why did you not purchase the 2005 model instead?

Perhaps those darn Montana designers slipped one by you when they redesigned their product line for lighter pin weights by moving more of the trailer weight behind the axle. That's a novel idea! I guess their logic must be as warped as mine!

And, who said anything about being over gross combined weight?

I stand by my previous statements. Drivers should know about and understand cargo loading and weight distribution. Managing the load to remain within specifications is the logical and intelligent thing to do. People who view that as "warped logic" need to get educated.

The Montaineer is currently manufactured with a rear receiver hitch. Keystone/Lippert has offerd to install a hitch on a Montana. I predict a hitch will be available as on option on the Montana in the future.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote