View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #33
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Rich & Helen Congrats on the new Montana,I wish you the best of luck with your new Montana and I hope you both have many years of enjoyment with your new Fiver. I am on the road with mine and a new notebook and a WiFi campground is why I can congratulate you. I have towed mine 1200 miles in all kinds of conditions and I am very happy with everything so far touch wood.The V10 Torqueshift is an awesome combo and in Tow Haul I pull higher revs down hill on 8%grades then I do going up hill but I never have to touch the brakes going down hill. I can get a speeding ticket on every grade I have hit. I am not doing as`well as you for mileage but I have no complaints. I weigh just under 21000 pounds, am 13 feet high and winds and grades don't fizz me and I am getting about 7.5.
My 88 460 did 6 with 7000 pounds less weigh and most of the diesel guys I talk to only get 10 with a set up like mine.
I can not believe how well my Monty pulls and brakes with the Ford built in brake control and this truck rides and steers like a Lincoln with the trailer on tow. Empty the ride is `rough and the steering wanders nore.
The Monty has`been flawless and we have had below freezing weather up here in northern Alberta. It is like summer now.
Take care and I know you are going to love that Montana. Don
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote