View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #39
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
Seems it would have better resale (when the time comes) if it had the new decals on it...

I seriously doubt any unit even six years old or more would have a better resale value with our without decals. Ours is now nine and I'm about ready to start stripping them off - no peeling, but lots and lots of cracking. I'm not going to buff it out though. Going to put white boat paint on it, either epoxy or something similar, that's self-leveling and can be put on with a roller. Met someone years back that did this with a 32' 1999 model SOB and it looked very good. He said masking stuff off took more time than even getting his decals off (and there weren't as many as we've got), and actual painting was less than a day.

After spending some time in the Southwest and the way weather has been going, I can't imagine having any other color. It's a lot easier to clean than what I've got now as well. I had a minor scrape on one fender that I had to sand off and then painted with this kind of stuff. Dirt almost wipes off that thing.