View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 06:47 AM   #27
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I will be in below freezing weather in N. MI in late fall, early winter. I believe some mentioned that condensation in cool weather was a problem with single panes. Another issue someone here posted on, was the efficiency of dual pane windows in HOT weather. Easier to keep cool with the A/C. Another plus.

The noise reduction issue, while in an otherwise noisy CG, was a huge plus to my wife (and me). We have camped in tents and pop up campers for years. Always said we would strive to camp with a hard sided camper, as the noise level, especially early in the morning as campers start pulling out around 6-7 am, was an issue for us. When I'm on vacation (or retired), I go to bed when I want and I get up when I want - not when the neighbor decides he needs to fire up his diesel, start rigging down, and start yelling at the wife for something that was his fault in the first place (non-MOCers, I'm sure). Some of you are heavy sleepers - we are not.

When I mentioned that dual pane windows help with noise reduction, she said, "We're getting them."

*On Edit~ Does anyone have any info on the weight difference between the single pane and dual pane glass?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote