View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 06:55 PM   #17
gjennings
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyj571 View Post
Need help on deciding which refer to get will not be full timing till next year we have the gen and a solar panel not sure which way to go from what I read and heard I would need a lot of batteries and more panels for the residential refrigerator we boondock for 3 to 5 days and hardly plug in any help from the member would be greatly appreciated
Had the same issue. I had a motorhome with RV fridge and on hot days it SUCKED. When we bought the 5er we went with a Residential fridge so we didn’t have that issue. At first I had 2 Lithium 12V 100AMP batteries for a total of 200AH plus a generator no solar. We could go about 12 hours running the fridge, heater (snowy weekend the first time out) and lights. I would get up in the morning and start the generator to get batteries 100% and then about 9PM run again for few minutes.
Now I just installed 2 more Lithium 12V batteries for a total of 400AH and 1200W solar on roof so hoping that should take care of everything and only need generator for emergency.
You just need to remember with wet cell batteries you can only use 50% of the AH it offers and I would ditch the ones the dealer installer unless they gave good batteries which my money is on they didn’t.
Not full timers yet but soon
gjennings is offline   Reply With Quote