View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #13
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
I have had plenty of experiences dealing with human males who are an extension of their pickup truck. These folks are generally better off left to enjoy the ego rush gained by playing with their trucks, alone. They do OK when they can satisfy this needy ego on the roads (alone) at the hunting camp, or in a huge mud hole somewhere. Some of us get this rush when we successfully tow huge campers across part of the USA.

Some get this ego fix by being the boss in a situation like this. That guy definitely demonstrated his expertise in the science of the direction that an object will move when enough force is applied. I would say he knew very little about how fragile the axle configuration of the RV was, or about the geometry of the TV steer axle in relation to the direction he was backing while pushing. When I see a samaritan that has neither a calm air, or the ability to facilitate ideas from the brain power of the other samaritans, I quickly find something at the scene to keep their dangerous, controlling personality away from the critical activity.

This scene also concerns me, in that i can end up in a situation like this if i do not pre-plan and assess my routes.
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote