View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 04:18 AM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Dean-
I assume by the description that the bags you installed are the Firestone's part #2330. If so, I have these on my 2001 F-250. I also with the help of a friend did the installation. Prior to installing the bags the Montana would squat the truck enough to be down on the overload springs. I don't know if they touch during travel after air bag installation but I feel more comfortable knowing I have more support.

The way the bag on the passenger side is made allows the heat shield to placed in two different positions, I opted for the forward position as I think it is a bit closer to the exhaust pipe and have not had any problems. During installation I did have to move the brake line on the driver's side, but did not have to change any shock brackets.

Firestone's instructions state max. pressure is 100#. I don't remember if this was unloaded or loaded, but think this should be a compressed pressure. I did not install the onboard gauges and compressor. I carry a 12V compressor and use a digital air guage for accuracy. I started out with about 25# empty and when loaded, this is compressed to about 45#. Since I have decreased the unloaded pressure to 15# and this is plenty to hold the truck and trailer level. You will have to experiment to determine what is good for your rig.

Here are some photos as requested. The pics taken with a min. pressure of 5#, where I run them when not in a tow mode. Hope all this helps.

Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote