Thread: New Tow Vehicle
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 01:31 PM   #1
Garvinsd
Established Member

M.O.C. #21544
New Tow Vehicle

ALL,
I have enjoyed the many insightful posts in this forum over the last several years. I recently upgraded to a new 3121RL and after much internal debate I took her to a CAT Scale because I was worried that I was over my payload on my 2021 Chevy 2500HD. The payload on that truck was 3224 and my pin weight ended up being 3200 - oh boy!!! Before anyone comments that it will tow it - I know it will tow it since I brought it home from the dealership with it and it towed fine. After spending 33 years in the Submarine Force, the term "margin of safety" is deeply ingrained in my mind. I could not in good conscience tow this RV with my current truck, which sucked because I loved it. Anyway, after much research and searching I found the truck I really needed. Picked-up a 2019 Chevy 3500HD High Country DRW with only 5K on it and got a smoking deal for my trade-in . New payload on the DRW is 4524 and I feel much safer, which at the end of the day is all that counts. I probably could have gotten away with a 3500 SRW but who knows what the future holds and I did not want to be constrained if we ever wanted to get a larger unit. Thanks again for all the excellent posts and years of wisdom - you all have saved me time and time again!!
2019 Chevy 3500HD High Country DRW
Garvinsd is offline   Reply With Quote