View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 08:11 AM   #1
CruiserMB

M.O.C. #23875
Please help convince me.....

Hello,
New to the forum, happy to be here for all the education I can absorb !

I am needing help convincing me that I didn't buy enough truck.

Long story short, my wife and I will be retiring in 5 years, and have decided together that we want to full time rv and not buy a house, we rent now. We made this decision over a year ao and have created our plan, 1st buy the truck check !, 2nd buy a chunk of land for home base and have a place to live in our rv (in the works) 3rd buy the rv (still learning all we can, however we have narrowed our mfg and it will be a Montana.

The idea is to get what we want as far as truck, land, and rv and still work for the next 5 years before retiring to pay for it. (That's the plan anyway)

Anyways here is my concern, I keep reading that for safest, and most towability capacity you should get a 1 ton and preferably a dually.
Now I'm wanting to purchase a 38 to 40 ft trailer for comfortability but I know it all depends on not what you can pull, but rather what you can stop !

So I would like to list my truck I bought with sticker weights asking you to please help me determine how big of an rv and max weights that I can tow so I do it right the first time.
Did I buy enough truck for my wants ?
Thank you all so much,

Truck = 2019 Ford F250 6.7 Powerstroke short bed
Tire sticker = Combined weight passengers & Cargo = 2275 lb
Truck sticker = GVWR 10,000 lb
Front GAWR = 5200 lb
Rear GAWR = 6340 lb
CruiserMB is offline   Reply With Quote