View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 01:58 AM   #15
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

When I first got a dually I was towing an Airstream trailer. I was considering the purchase of the Hensley Arrow hitch. Although it would have been better for towing, for me I believe the dually was the better choice. The difference was un-believable for me in how much more stability it gave me when towing. I’m hooked on a dually and wouldn’t want anything else to tow with. Sometime later on I up graded to the fifth wheel. I’ve never towed with a SRW towing a fifth wheel but I have no intention of going back. The stability it adds is worth all of the inconveniences IMHO. If you jack-knife the truck far enough you will hit the cab but I can’t imagine any way that the dually could hit the camper. We have a long bed and it does have a larger turning radius but for me that far outweighs any inconvenience. The statement about the tail wagging the dog is not a good feeling. I’ve been there and done that and almost bought the shirt as well. I can’t say enough for how much more positive control I experienced while towing with the dually. As stated it is a personal choice but I do recommend watching your towing weights on all aspects.