Thread: Maiden voyage
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 11:18 AM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
May add another "tip"? The tourist attractions are great and noble to say the least. Things like National Monuments, the largest ball of twine, the Grand Canyon, the Empire State Building, are all worthy of visiting and seeing, and things like this are usually on everyone's "must do before I die, bucket list." The great destination spots are GREAT! I'm not putting them down.

But, don't get so caught up in the "destination" mentality. You know, the ... "We're going to get there or die trying. And we're going to see THAT at any cost" mentality.

Remember, it's not always about the destination. The journey can be equally, or even more rewarding than the destination. So, when traveling, build in time to actually "see" America. Don't watch it go by at 65 mph from a window. Get out and experience the moment.

Some of our absolute best moments in all of our 35 years together traveling and camping has been those places and events we just hap-hazardly decided to do on the spur of the moment, usually when traveling to the destination.

In other words, take the time to enjoy life along the way. Remember to love each other, and share and express that love every day to those traveling with you. This is so very, very, very important.

I wish you absolute success and joyful travels.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote