View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #104
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Dale,

Late arrival here (we've been on the road on OUR first real trip with "Bella" our 10th Anniversary 2955RL)...

First, I read your article and found it to be informative with regard to what things we as MOCers need to be on the look out for during our PDIs when we purchase a new rig; how to "think out of the box" so as to prevent "Murphy" (as in "Murphy's Law) from prevailing over our plans/lives; and to anticipate unexpected expenses and less than desirable results if/as problems occur on the road.

Second, you and your spouse had a lot more fortitude than I think I would have had if that darn Murphy had resided in my Monty for as long and drastically as he did in yours on your first trip...I don't know that I would have continued on my trip with the rapid fire "episodes" your Monty experienced first time out!

Third, I am glad that you sent this to Keystone as a means to address your personal experiences and customer service/quality expectations.

Fourth, I am a bit disappointed from what appears to have been, at best, a luke warm response to your article. HOWEVER, it might be a good idea even after the fact to send a written response to Keystone (both to the customer service/warranty people as well as to the President/CEO of Keystone/Thor) as to what you would have liked to see happen during your trip in response to the situations that arose as well as what you expect to happen now that you are back from the trip to address and repair the problems that occurred to your unit specifically and possibly what they might consider for future units with regard to quality assurance/control. (Reader's Digest had an article on how to write/submit letters of complaint to companies that I found to be quite enlightening. It also reaffirmed some things my father shared with me from his MBA classes at Harvard and his 28 years as a Naval Officer...if you submit a complaint/problem to management also provide a proposed solution...while the proposed solution(s) might not be adopted they serve to keep management's eyes/ears open to your complaint as you aren't just looking at them to do all the fixing/work.)

Fifth, thank you for keeping up with the thread and interjecting your feedback to the responses to your thread. As you can see (and has been commented on already) this is certainly a very passionate group of people! Bottom line is that they truly "have your back" if and as you need them for help up front or as things happen and you are trying to figure out a seemingly impossible problem.

Finally, I look forward to "seeing/hearing" from you in the future on this truly awesome forum!

Kindest regards and a belated (but heartfelt) WELCOME!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote