View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
A true earth ground typically involves a rod extended 36" - 48" below grade. The only way to determine when the depth is sufficient is by using a meter. The electrical inspector typically verifies true ground when your house is built.

I agree with John - the landing gear or jacks do nothing, so use what you want. BTW - did you know there is enough Carbon fiber content in your tires to conduct high energy electricity such as lightning or 13K from high power lines!

I'm assuming because Rotochok doesn't even know how to spell "lightning", that most of that info was fabricated nonsense to justify the aluminum clad high density polyester pads over the competitor designs, including the gorilla pads (BTW, aluminum is not a suitable grounding material by any stretch, as it melts at a much lower temperature than what is required to ground lightning). I'm a rotochok fan, but I think they need to stick to making wheel chocks.

Careful grounding your Monty. They are designed to stand free with no qualified earth ground beyond a option connection to AC. By grounding your rig, you could be creating a lightning attractor and I would not want to be watching TV with the antenna up in a storm.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote