View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #20
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Smith View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2020 3855BR with two vented Dometic AC units, one over the bedroom, and one with a heat pump option over the living area (Not sure exactly what models they are). I have noticed sporadically over the past few nights here in SC that with the bedroom unit set at 70, it will run normally cycling on and off until late at night (after midnight), at which point I will wake up uncomfortably warm. The temps and humidity have been pretty high (90s during the day and 70s at night, 60-80% humidity). The thermostat is still set at 70, but when I check the actual temp, it's usually closer to 75 or 78. Turning the t-stat off for a minute and back on will make the system kick back in. This seems to ONLY happen at night to the bedroom AC. During the day I keep the AC in the bedroom at 77-80, and it always turns back on when the room hits the appropriate temperature. Looking for any recommendations on how to keep from waking up at night to cycle the unit. Thanks!

Try swapping the thermostats and see if the problem transfers to the living room a/c. If not, putting a new thermostat isn't going to give the result you are looking for.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote