View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 04:46 PM   #7
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneGreen View Post
There have been a few posts over the years about people making solar screens to put over their windows instead of the dreaded Reflectix. By patching together the information on a bunch of different forums and blogs, I figured out what seemed to be working. Built some for our 331RL and was shocked. The day I was making them they created a 23 degree temperature difference between our dinette / recliner window frames! It's amazing how much heat gets transferred through the windows and frames.

They roll up for easy storage and attach with Velcro. It's a pretty simple project with incredible benefits (The wife can see out the windows and I'm not sweating by noon)

They've made a huge difference in keeping our rig cool this summer. I struggled in building the first few, but I've got a system down now that let's me build them pretty quick and easy. I had to get some more material to finish up one last window, so figured I'd document it and get lots of pictures. It's a pretty long write up, but you can find it here: https://www.wanderandreflect.com/202...creens-for-rv/

Thanks to everyone who's written about these before and contributed to their evolution over the years!

Why not put the screen frame /velcro on the window frame rather than on the glass? Cover the window frame as well as the glass?
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote