View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 10:08 PM   #11
grumbolt
Established Member

M.O.C. #22670
i ordered and received the rebuild kits for the legs.

i had ordered 2 kits for the drivers side leg being that the axle was the only difference between the 2 kits, and i needed the longer axle to attach the motor to.

i cleaned both legs and installed the kits in both legs only to realize that the passenger side leg now had the axle shaft sticking out of the wrong side of the leg, and that once installed, the manual raising and lowering of the leg should the motor go out would be much more difficult being that the crank would have to be inside the center storage area where there isnt much room.

i inspected the axle assemblies and discovered that there is a roll pin that the side bevel gear locks onto, and the other side has a c-clip that is used to secure the bronze bushing.

to reverse the orientation of the axle i drilled a 7/32 hole on the end with the c clip, then used a short roll pin and stainless washer (very thin) on the side where there was originally a c-clip. attached are pics of the hole placement.

when you reinstall the axle on the passenger side, the new hole i drilled was the one with the longer roll pin and gear, and the other end gets the thin washer and short (so as not to interfere with the bevel gears) roll pin.
this will orientate the motor/gearbox properly such that the motor/gearbox is inboard of the legs and points the manual input shaft towards the outside of the rv.

tomorrow when i start mounting things up ill know what if anything needs to be trimmed to make room for the motor / gearbox on the passenger side.

then it will be to get the wiring proper.. (toying with the idea of getting a winch wireless remote that would plug in to the harness)
if i do put a remote on it, it will make it faster to hook up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230205_201355.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	14028   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230205_202131.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	14029  
grumbolt is offline   Reply With Quote