View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 02:31 PM   #9
Nkcollier

M.O.C. #21884
Lightbulb Florida options

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl View Post
Looking for recommendations for campgrounds in Florida to spend the winter next year. I normally winter in Arizona but would like to stay a little closer to home next year.
I am looking for something less than $1200 per month. I'm opened to any area, would prefer by the water but i know those are usually pretty expensive. I am also opened to the panhandle area. Prefer 55+. We have electric bikes so somewhere that has good bike trails would be a plus.
I’m not sure if you are specifically looking for the beach, but if you would consider the interior, there is a wonderful private 55+ community outside of Sebring, FL in the little town of Lorida. It is located on Lake Istapoka which is a great fishing lake and has a nice campground in addition to a subdivision. It is called Palm Estates. My parents have a home there. It is such a great community of people. The submission area is nice and flat for bike riding and there are several other roads you can extend your riding. The best part is….b3cause it is a Christian privately owned it is around 500/month or less. I cannot remember the exact camping rate but it is really inexpensive. They have weekly coffee hours, many pot luck pitch ins, crafts at their hobby house, and a very nice heated screened in pool. Definitely worth checking out.
Nikki Collier
Nkcollier is offline   Reply With Quote