View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 01:24 PM   #28
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
From the date of the original post I'm afraid the OP may have already left and is now stuck somewhere due to the unforeseen circumstances we are enduring at this time.

As far as dogs; we travel with ours everywhere. She does not fit any of the restricted breeds but even then when I say she is a "terrier mix" I'm hit with "we don't allow Pit Bulls/Staffordshires" etc. I tell them she's not and when we get there if they find that she is I'll gladly leave - never had to leave yet.

IMO the trick to getting along in an RV park, or any park, is to have a well behaved dog. Agreed that all dogs have an internal trigger we may have no idea about so you have to always be on the safe side. Our dog doesn't bark when we are there or gone unless someone bangs on the door. Incessant barking drives people nuts and has led to more than one eviction in my experience. Aggressive dogs, no matter the breed, will get you kicked out if they exhibit that toward people, or even other dogs, without sufficient restraint. If the dog is not well behaved an owner must take the appropriate precautions to assure they behave in an acceptable manner.

As far as leash requirements; I've never been anywhere that I recall that either the park (private, state, federal), county or local authorities did not have a leash restriction of some kind (I've been to lots of places but not all over the country in its entirety). Remembering all the kinds of dogs, and temperaments I've/you've seen, just think about them all being turned loose because no one wanted to put a leash on them. Complete chaos. Also a good way to lose an aggressive animal. Another off shoot of not leashing the dog is the "deposits" left who knows where for everyone but the owner to deal with. Not acceptable.

Anyway, hope the OP made it where he was going without issue and had good luck taking puppy where he needed to go.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote