Thread: Bottom Material
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 06:27 AM   #14
VagabondLove
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27665
When I pulled down the corner of my underbelly, water actually dripped out of the coroplast from the sides...rain water must have made its way into the plastic through the exposed holes at the edges. That added to the sagging. I ended up adding two 6-foot cross members to hold up the belly and move the low spot.

You should be able to see what is in your underbelly by going through the basement storage compartment and taking down the walls that separate the basement from the furnace area. What I found when I did that was a lot of junk left behind by the manufacturing process, including wiring pieces, screws, water and hydraulic fluid pooled at the low spot. Yes, there are some wires and hoses running through the belly, but not at the low point, so I drilled a small hole and let the liquids drain out.

The water was from a leak in our shower drain that I patched with additional caulking.

I have a large suspicion that the hydraulic fluid was also a mistake from the manufacturing process. As a full-timer I move almost every week and have never had to add fluid to our reservoir. If it were a leak at the slides or jacks, I would have seen the fluid level drop, which is not the case. My suspicion was also mostly confirmed by visual inspection when my partner closed and opened the slides several times while I watched...no new fluid was found.
VagabondLove is offline   Reply With Quote