View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Very good, Dennis! How did you remember that?

Everybody, he is correct. The Everest and Challenger are built in the same complex. I hope Keystone continues that trend.

Our Challenger 35RLQ is the same floor plan as the Montana 3400RL. If you compare specs, they are almost the same. The only difference is that the entertainment center/computer desk and sofa are swapped to opposite sides of the floor. As far as I am concerned, the only thing our Challenger doesn't have compared to the Montana and Everest is "eye candy". If Challenger offered some of the options that are in those units, such as central vac, fire place, etc, I'd buy another one in a heart beat.

Another thing that Everest and Challenger share is the radius lower corners on the upper deck compared to Montana and the other products. My opinion is that it gives the unit a "clean or sleak look". However, that would not stop me from buying a Montana by any means! If you pull up the picture of our rig and look above the bed rail of the truck, back under the bed slide and down around the front corner toward the landing gear legs, you may be able to partially see what I am talking about. The short, sharp corner isn't there.

Also, between the Mountaineer and Challenger, in my opinion, they are so close to being the same as far as the quality in counter tops and furniture that there is not much difference between the two. The Challenger may still be slightly cheaper in sticker price.

So, if you find the floor plan, colors and options in a Challenger you would be happy with, BUY IT! The frame and sub structure, I can almost guarantee, will be the same as a Montana and Everest. The only thing that may be lacking perhaps is the "R" factor in the insulation. All I know is that she keeps Gail and I very comfy in cool, wet weather. If I found an Everest with this floor plan at a respectable price, would I buy it? ABSOLUTELY!!

So there! You touched something close to my heart, emspilot and if you were to show up at a rally or any other cg filed with Montanas pulling an Everest or Challenger, I don't think you would be cast away. Just remember this, no matter what you buy, you can park it next to our humble rig any time.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote