Thread: Newbie help
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 07:52 PM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Just saw your post (above) from 8/14/2022. Sorry, I did not see this until just now.

I don't have any advise on the battery, this is an area I am not knowledgeable on. My suggestion, (and what I would do) is, since you are planning on having hook-ups to electricity (shore power), to simply replace your battery with one like you already have.

I'm a little confused by your post also. Are you saying your camper is (currently) not plugged into shore power as it's parked on a plot of land that you are developing, or getting electricity installed in the future?

Also, trying to follow your details, you are running a generator. Is the camper plugged into the generator, or are you just running the generator to charge your trailer batteries, separate, with a battery charger.

If your camper is plugged into the generator, your converter will charge the battery. If you are not plugged into the generator, but using a battery charger, yes, that would explain why you have better performance when the charger is running.

Again, I am no battery guru, I just use them, I don't fiddle with them or try to improve on them.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in.

I'm glad you joined this forum. There are a lot of folks with some pretty deep knowledge for just about everything on RV's. Your's being a bit older will be a little more of a challenge, but surly, one of our resident experts will be along to give you some direction.

Welcome to the forums. Don't be shy, keep posting. There's a lot of focus going on right now about the Montana Rally in Indiana starting on September 7, I don't think folks are focused on much else right now.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote