View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 01:17 PM   #60
randdcran

M.O.C. #28214
More woes...

Wow, these stories are becoming too common and scary.

The dealer/service center finally received the fresh water tank to replace in my Montana. We have an appt. this Thursday to have it replaced.

Now for the latest issue. I went out to get the 5th wheel to get it ready to role on Thursday, it is parked in our RV garage with the slides out. I tried to get the slides to go in, but they would just start and then stop. That's when I noticed the batteries were low. Hmm, this has been plugged into shore power. Now noticed I don't have any shore power.

I checked the breakers in the RV garage and in the 5th wheel and they all look ok.

I had noticed that the cover to the transfer switch in the basement had fallen off and was laying down under the transfer switch. Not sure how this happened, but I noticed it when the basement panel was opened up for the service guys to check for the water leak.

I kicked on the generator and had power to the rig from the generator. I turned off the generator and grabbed my meter. I have both legs of power from shore power and neutral at the input of the transfer switch, but the contact isn't pulling to supply 220 to the output of the transfer switch.

After researching issues like this and finding a troubleshooting youtube video from the manufacturer of the transfer switch, I pushed on the transfer switch manual button and had power to the rig. So, something is broken in the relay that pulls the transfer switch for shore power.

I contacted the dealer/service for my appt. Thursday and I'm hoping they have the part.

Just another issue for a 1 year old Luxury 5th wheel that should not have all these problems, double ugh!! Haven't been able to use this fancy 5th wheel for almost 4 months now.
randdcran is offline   Reply With Quote