View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Auto Leveling System Issues in Auto Mode

I have a problem with my Lippert Auto Level system. I think that I have read most all threads concerning this system on this Forum and quite a few other Forums. I have tried resetting and zeroing my unit with little to no success for my problems. My problem is that when I use the Auto selection the results are not accurate and usually only the two front jacks actually touch the ground. Yes I know about having the front end a bit higher etc. After talking with at least two technicians at Lippert they think that my remote Rear Sensor has either come loose from its mounting plate, connections are loose or it is broken. It is supposed to be located a couple of feet behind the rear axel between the frame rails. I was under the fifth wheel this morning and noticed that Keystone used Hilti power actuated nails to attach the coroplast or whatever it is called to the frame. Looks like a lot of work to remove from the rear end to the back axel plus removing the spare tire frame. Has anyone actually had to replace the rear remote sensor? The technician suggested cut and tape for access.
I can still use the manual mode with no problems but I would like the system to work correctly. Lippert customer service seems pretty decent and they did give me a free replacement cylinder for the one by my door that had a bad seal.
Sorry for being such a long post.
Happy roads to you.

Tom Marty