View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 02:34 PM   #35
chulavista
Established Member

M.O.C. #25440
I'm the wife and I grew up towing trailers, hauling horses, hay, etc. He did too. I don't do much of the towing now, my hubby is a control freak. LOL!! That's not to say he wouldn't let me drive if I asked, he would for sure. He would drive me crazy about telling me I'm doing something wrong, though.

So for the OP, maybe it would be best to send her to towing school rather than trying to teach her yourself, as you have already indicated she scares the water out of you. With that alone, you will not be relaxed, you will most probably not be a good teacher. That would only make a tense situation much worse. But I agree with everyone else - she needs to know how, and she needs to be comfortable doing it. Send her to school.

As for me, I'm asking for the drivers seat a lot more than I do, just for the practice. I know how, I am the one that does all the backing and parking, with him giving me directions. We do that part very well. We have just become too comfortable, I like the passenger seat. LOL!
Retirement May 31 2020
chulavista is offline   Reply With Quote