Thread: Alaska 2019
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #10
Akazaus

M.O.C. #20565
North to Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockDr View Post
Am planning an Alaskan trip in 2019. Never been there but would like to spend at least 3 months, May, June, July or June, July and August. Have purchased a Milepost magazine for info but would like suggestions from RVers who have experienced Alaska first hand. How long would you suggest staying in each area like Fairbanks, Anchorage, Denali, etc? As always, thanks for suggestions.
I just moved from Alaska after living there for 35 years and can tell you that June, July and August are the better months.

In Anchorage, the Golden Nugget RV Park is a nice spot. It's quieter than Ship Creek or Midtown and I do recommend this park for security reasons as well. Fair warning: the rates are high regardless of where you go.

In Fairbanks, Riverview RV Park is definitely nicer and out of the way. This park has quite a few amenities that would make your stay pleasant. Same thing as Anchorage, the rates will be high regardless of which park you choose.

Because Denali is just outside of Fairbanks, you may be better off staying in a Fairbanks RV park and doing day visits to Denali. It can get very expensive staying at the park itself and the swarms of people during the tourist season can get a little aggravating.

Because you are going up there for the summer months I'd like to also suggest heading down to Seward. Stoney Creek RV Park, Bear Creek RV Park and Waterfront RV park are all options for you and honestly it's incredibly beautiful there and a definite MUST SEE. If you can manage to reserve a space at any of the RV parks there for 4th of July, I seriously recommend it.

I hope this has helped you, and if you have more questions PLEASE feel free to ask!

Carla
Akazaus is offline   Reply With Quote