Thread: Dealer Ratings
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 05:17 AM   #218
PChesney

M.O.C. #18109
I CANNOT RECOMMEND the service departments at Holiday World RV in Las Cruces, NM & Holiday World RV in Katy, TX. Both dealerships caused great damage to my brand new 2015 Montana 3160 RL. On 11/15/15 during my winter travels from Minnesota, I purchased a brand my new Montana from Holiday World RV in League City, TX. My salesman there was fantastic. However, they did not have a service department that could repair and paint a large gouge on the underside of my front cap. I was also having a problem with the instrument panel not reading fluid levels properly in my fresh/gray and black water tanks. I made an appt to have the painting and warranty work done at Holiday World in Las Cruces, NM in January. The paint job was great, but the mechanic who worked on the issue with my water gauge walked off while filling my gray water tank and FLOODED the bathroom. It was flooded so bad that water was pouring out the front door of my unit. The interior wooden steps were soaked with water, the basement was partially flooded and my master bedroom carpet was also wet. They brought our unit back out to us without drying anything up & went home for the day. We had to blot the steps as dry as we could, remove everything from the basement ourselves and found some of our belongings had gotten wet. The next day they shampooed the bedroom carpet but did not bring us any fans or a dehumidifier. The bedroom carpet was still so wet we had to sleep on the pull out sofa. We dried our unit out the best we could and left the next day, very upset with their lack of care and concern for what had been done to our unit. A couple of days later we noticed the the wood on the vanity in the bathroom was splitting, and that the steps were warping. We were already in Arizona by this time so on our return home we made an appointment to have the steps replaced at the Holiday World Katy, TX location. They did a fantastic job on that. However, much to my horror, the mechanic at the Katy, TX dealership also FLOODED my bathroom while testing the still faulty water level gauge. He too had walked off while filling my gray tank and once again the brand new steps got wet. It was closing time when my unit was brought out to me and we did not notice the wet steps until later that night when we went up to use the bathroom. Everyone was gone home for the day so we took photos and dried the steps and carpet as best we could. We blotted up the wet carpet, ran our small fan on it all night & showed the service shop manager the next morning. They denied flooding the unit and tried to blame it on us. They did bring the unit back into their shop and tried to dry things out better and said they tore out the underbelly and replaced a "small" amount of insulation that was wet. We were already dealing with a musty odor which I complained about but they claimed they could not smell it. After being on their parking lot for almost 10 days, we left for our home in Minnesota. The management of Holiday World RV refuses to file a claim with their liability insurance company and refuses to replace my Montana with a brand new unit at no cost to me. I cannot afford to hire an attorney. Nothing is resolved and I am stuck with a unit that smells like a musty dish rag. I am worried that mold is growing in places I cannot see. I loved my Montana 3160 RL, but they have destroyed it as far as I'm concerned. I can't stand the smell. I bought a huge pail of Damp Rid and even bought one of those ionization machines to help rid the interior of the smell. So far nothing has worked. All I can do now is let everyone know what Holiday World RV has done and hopefully prevent others from suffering the same fate.
PChesney is offline   Reply With Quote