View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #18
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by watsonjones View Post
Thanks for all the responses.

Hopefully I have not just started a Canadian East vs West feud.

4 years planning? I have my work cut out for me.

I agree that I will likely need to split the trip into two separate 5 month trips. Fortunately we will be retired by then so that will not be a problem.

Has anyone successfully toured Canada in a 40' Monty? I hear from a lot of people that there are no/few sites for big rigs, or do I just need to reserve early. We are happy to camp in a central location and then explore out from there in our tow vehicle. That is how we have been exploring the US for the last two years.

- David & Jean Ann
If you can afford KOA, they will always have room for 40 footers, but other campgrounds may not. Also be prepared for only 30A service in older camps. Canada is a bigger country than the USA with 1/10 the people so you will encounter great chunks of mostly uninhabited country like between ThunderBay and Winnipeg. There are a couple cities in between like Kenora and Dryden but no big name parks. The other route closer to the US border might be more interesting and more choices. In the prairies most small towns will have a small park. They are a treasure. Usually almost empty, cheap, town pride makes sure they are well kept. Keep in mind the country like the US was settled east to west, so the density, age and history is greater in the east with the prairie and multiple mountain ranges to the west. FYI consider the mountains inaccesible Oct 1 to Apr 30 unless you have snow tires (it's the law)
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote