View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
I had to remove the valance trim in our bedroom to replace one of our cables. It was simply attached with brads. (Lots of them) but they came loose with a simple tug on the top of the trim. After replacing the cable I reattached by countersinking screws. I used dark grey screws that blended in great. I'm not even going to fill over them as they are barley noticeable.

One of mine was indeeed from the lower corner and missing cable. It was a PITA but doable. The hardest part was actually threading it through the two top pulleys at opposing angles. It was the kitchen slide. Did not need to remove any trim boards. I was able to position the slide about halfway in/out and reach the cable as my wife fed it through from outside. I had to pre-bend the cable so it would track upward as she pushed.

A word of advice; Relocate the slide brackets to align cables with the holes in the frame or you will be doing the same thing over and over. I replaced three cables in the first few months of ownership before I realized what was going on. Multiple slide brackets were out of alignment.

Edit: I forgot that I did have to remove the plastic guard/shroud to get to the cable on the kitchen slide. I was able to remove about half the lower screws and simply bend the plastic guard back enough to get hold of the cable.
Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote