Thread: disk brakes
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Jerome, I am getting ready to do mine myself, so I have researched it intently. It is really a straightforward installation that doesn't take a great deal of skill to accomplish. That being said, it is a safety item so you don't just want some ole hack doing it. You could buy the kit from one of the vendors (I found the best price at stopyourtrailer.com) and check with a local brake shop to see if they would handle the installation. I would choose a brake shop over a RV shop, as they specialize in brakes and their labor rate is probably much lower. The biggest problem I see with the kits is that they try to be a one size fits all as far as the brake lines are concerned. A brake shop would have the ability to cut, flare, and bend the lines for a cleaner look. The only issue they might have, other than having to work outside, is with the electrics, but that also is pretty straightforward. Also there is one company that will come to your trailer and do the work wherever you are at, but I bet that's pretty expensive. I hope we are both as happy as others say we will be!