View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Oh, my, would you like the voice of experience here concerning warranty repairs? I won't bother to go back over my 9 months of losing our Monty to our dealer for simple repairs that were held up or NEVER done because "Keystone won't cover that" or "Keystone can't get the parts" or "Keystone won't replace that TV . . . " Well, you just get on the phone to Keystone, be calm, have your facts at hand (dates of calls, names of people you talked to at the dealership, who told you what, what was or was not done, what "Keystone" supposedly said, etc.), and talk to a Keystone customer service representative. Every single thing we were told that "Keystone wouldn't do" turned out to be a case of the dealer NEVER contacting Keystone, and Keystone not knowing a thing about your problems.

Our tale isn't over yet. Out OEM television and DVD player worked fine, but the remote didn't. Fixing the remote or replacing it with one that should be with our set was what was supposed to happen. Instead, we picked up our rig to find a Sanyo TV installed (that didn't fit the cabinet and sticks out a bit), our OEM DVD player gone and replaced by a player that is smaller than a cigar box and doesn't work well, and a GENERIC remote that won't work anything. In June, at the 7 Feathers rally, a Keystone rep came to look at our rig and said immediately, "Hey--where did you get that stuff? It's not Montana OEM equipment. It's what Jayco uses in their rigs." Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit because our dealer also handles Jaycos. So, someone else got my nice TV and DVD player and I got a crappy little Sanyo/no name DVD player/generic nonworking remote, all because my dealer either lost my original remote or pulled our stuff to put in another rig during the 9 months it was at the dealership.

I would hope you had a fair and honest dealer. However, don't take anything for granted. Once you hear the infamous "Keystone doesn't/won't," you call Keystone on your own. It was an eye-opening experience for us.

By the way, we have given up on getting our rig fixed. Along with the TV and DVD player being ripped off from our rig, the drawer under the sofa was worked on--boy, was it ever. Now it won't close; it sticks out about 2 inches so that it hits you right in the calves if you sit on the sofa. The drawer rails were not replaced, even though they broke. They were simply screwed in at a different point, one higher than the other and both about 2 inches too close to the front of the sofa. And, the rig must have been moved with a closet door open while being shoved around the lot, because now the closet door track is bent and buckled and the door on the left side won't close. Oh--the kitchen faucet was fixed . . . by taking out a gasket and the v-shaped spring that diverts the water from spray to flow and back, so now all we get is an erratic stream of water. The faucet was reseated on half of the black gasket; the other half sticks out and curls up the side of the faucet. Shall I go on? We are NOT happy campers. The dealership obviously doesn't care if a customer returns or not.

Good luck. Keystone will help, I think. It may take some time, but if you hang in there and are reasonable (but firm), you'll probably see some action on your behalf from your dealer.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote