Thread: I'm Cold!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 04:43 AM   #42
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Rich,

WOW, sorry to hear bout the slide toppers and the slides not coming in and out right.

We have not had any trouble with snow or ice sliding right off those toppers, wonder if they changed the angle??? Honestly, on our unit the snow just rolls right off, and so does ice.

Have you replaced that breaker everyone talks about?? Ours will pop in the really cold weather when we are bringing the slides in. Wait a moment or two and push the button again and they usually come in all the way. If my ole memory serves, Al has not yet replaced that breaker.

We have put the slides in and out at temps well below what you have right now, with no more than the breaker problem. We have had at least 6 inches of snow up there and it just rolled off. Made a pile on the drive, but rolled off. One year we left here at 4 below, first stop in Illinois it was still only 17 degrees, the TV antenna was frozen to the roof still, but NO problems with the slides other than previously mentioned.

Well, if your weather is like ours, tomorrow and Sunday, near 40 degrees! That will help ya out.

I agree getting out of Dodge around November 1st would be wonderful, but don't see that happening for us yet for a few more years.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote