View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Bob and Carol,
Welcome to the MOC and congratulations on the new coach. We have the same model and have really enjoyed it. As AZSTAR has alluded we have made a "few" modifications to our unit. It is our hope to fulltime soon, so we've added a washer and drayer and some other amenities to facilitate fulltiming. Here's a link to my website with the MODs we ahve made:

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...vprojects.html

To answer some of your questions:

We have the slide covers and really like them. They really keep the slides clean and I think they're an extra layer of protection against potential leaks around the slides.

As to an awning over the front door, I think that would be a great addition. We typically enter/exit through the rear door so this is not a big issue. I suppose the one thing I would change is that I wish they had put a full set of steps on the front door. It only has 2 steps so the step to the ground is a big one. I may change these as they are available at Camping World. It's nice having the front door so you can get out when you have guests in the livingroom or if someone is in the bathroom.

As I mentioned earlier we plan to fulltime in this unit. We considered trading for a 5th Wheel but decided we could modify this unit to meet our needs. I have a back injury which has left me with nerve damage to my left leg. Steps can present problems for me so one of the reasons we have decided to stay with a travel trailer is no steps once you get inside.

Your tow vehicle should have no problems with this coach. Having a 35.5' trailer behind a long truck can be a little intimidating, but with good mirrors its not too bad. I may add the Reese Dual Cam load levelers and sway control in the future. I have had no problems using my friction sway control, but I think the Reese Dual Cam system would be good insurance.

I hope you enjoy your new coach as much as we have. Don't hesitate to ask questions. We enjoy discussing our rigs.

Now I guess I'm going to have to go over to the dealer to see what they have changed to hide the propane tanks and batteries.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote