View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 01:25 PM   #11
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by armature_travelist View Post
Recently,
I have had major problems with not only my 3 slides but, also with the electric in my 2003 Big Sky Keystone Montana.
I attempted to manual override my slides to get them inside however during the process it was noticed that my slide would only move about an inch per hr or more of manual overriding the lippert hydraulic system. During the process I also noticed the inside button seemed to no longer be working. My bedroom slide moved in and out just fine with the inside button. However, now said motor doesn't even make the slightest sound of function.
The problem started with my living room slide. It would work and then just stop moving about half way thru the transition. Eventually it got to the point of not at all. Not sure if it's worth the money to call for service tech or if the issues are fixable and reasonably priced. Any suggestions on how I can get all my slides in for moving?

There's also the electric problem, a while back I was in the kitchen using my foodie ninja with dinner and out of no where the trailer lost power. We reset everything and after noticed there was no power running thru our whole kitchen side. We were able to change the GCIF plug in our bathroom and replaced a 30v fuse however nether of those solutions restored power. It wasn't long after the first time the power went out that we noticed our fridge started acting up as well. Due to the power going out we had to run it off the propane, witch is a huge hassle and pricy due to having to refill ever week just to keep it cool enough for our groceries. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue as well?
You need real deep cycle batteries, a pair of 6V Trojan T105's is the gold standard unless you use it enough to go Lithium. The hydraulics need more power than shore power can deliver. It is extremely likely you will need to replace the battery. Fix that then see what is left.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote