View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by armature_travelist View Post
Recently,
I have had major problems with not only my 3 slides but, also with the electric in my 2003 Big Sky Keystone Montana.
OK, I think you meant to write you have a 2013 Big Sky Montana. A 2003 model Montana only had two slides and there was no Big Sky option back then.

Quote:
I attempted to manual override my slides to get them inside however during the process it was noticed that my slide would only move about an inch per hr or more of manual overriding the lippert hydraulic system. During the process I also noticed the inside button seemed to no longer be working.
The manual process of using a drill motor is slow but I didn't think it was that slow. The inside switch not working is likely a result of to the batteries being dead due to your earlier electrical issue. As RipNC wrote, fixing the electrical will get the battery charged and make the switch operable again. At least it will allow further troubleshooting

Quote:
My bedroom slide moved in and out just fine with the inside button. However, now said motor doesn't even make the slightest sound of function.
I bet the bedroom slide is a cable slide and uses a 12V motor to extend/retract. Once again a dead battery will prevent this motor from running. The motor for it is above the slide out on the wall. It too has a manual way to operate using a drill motor and a flexible cable.

Quote:
The problem started with my living room slide. It would work and then just stop moving about half way thru the transition. Eventually it got to the point of not at all. Not sure if it's worth the money to call for service tech or if the issues are fixable and reasonably priced. Any suggestions on how I can get all my slides in for moving?
This is the classic sign of a failing 50 amp self-resetting circuit breaker in the 12V feed to the hydraulic pump. This is a under $10 fixable problem. It is around $30 to fix it right by upgrading the 50 amp CB to an 80 amp one. A Search here on 50 amp CB will uncover lots of help.

Quote:
There's also the electric problem, a while back I was in the kitchen using my foodie ninja with dinner and out of no where the trailer lost power. We reset everything and after noticed there was no power running thru our whole kitchen side. We were able to change the GCIF plug in our bathroom and replaced a 30v fuse however nether of those solutions restored power. It wasn't long after the first time the power went out that we noticed our fridge started acting up as well. Due to the power going out we had to run it off the propane, witch is a huge hassle and pricy due to having to refill ever week just to keep it cool enough for our groceries. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue as well?
It definitely sounds like you have an electrical problem on one leg or at least one circuit. You need to start checking voltage at the fuse box and each 120V breaker. Also look in the back of the refer (from outside) to see if there is 120V present at that outlet. It is confusing that the refer works on 120V as that also requires 12V to the circuit board. That implies the converter is producing 12V but not charging the battery. That may be due to the 50 amp CB has failed and won't let the charge into (or out of) the battery.

The first place I would start if the 50 amp CB. The battery not being charged explains a lot of your symptoms.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote