View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #1
Preston & Terri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14645
Even load distribution while on site?

38' 5th wheel, I'm on a site that slopes forward, all 4 wheels are chocked AND I have x-chocks between both sets of wheels. My front jacks are much higher than normal because I had to go that high to get level (I'm considering adding blocks just to shorten them to add stability but we have not noticed a problem yet). My rear stabilizer jacks are down and solid.
The question that I have is concerning the weight distribution between the two axles (and tires). At what point do I worry about weight being removed from the front and too much load on the rear or do they continue to equalize and both carry equal weight? OR, are the front jacks taking so much of the weight (along with the rear stabilizers) that the axle load is reduced beyond normal "on the road" weight?
Retired FULLTIMERS that Travel & Work -- 2020 3931FB Legacy Edition -- OEM Sailun S637T's -- 2017 F350 DRW, 4.10 axle, 6.7L -- PullRite OE Puck Super-5th 25K hitch -- Dish Network w/ Winegard G2 automatic portable antenna -- 50A Surge Guard portable -- WiFi Ranger Elite -- Blue Streak -- YourBestAddress.com -- RVSA Certified Technician -- The UnBeetable Experience
Preston & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote