View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 06:49 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Basically, their park, they can do what they want. But it doesn't make it easier for you. Sorry about that. I don't think there is anything you can do. If the occupants at the park have voiced their opinion to park management, then there's really nothing more you can do.

Our Montana has the windows on the back side, as well as a door on the back side. We use the back side much more than the normal front side. If we could pull forward into campsites and still have room to unhitch, we'd be living in "our" perfect world. So, we always have the neighbors we have to consider when setting up camp. Plus, we have an awning on the back side also. So, when parking the camper, I attempt to position the camper in such a way the back awning does not extend over the campsite behind us. (I usually use the electric shore power pole as my gage for boundaries between sites.

Our Montana is rather tall too, and our living room is in the front. So, when we are in our living room, we often can see the top of the roofs on the campers parked beside on (on both sides).

Of course, we are not parked at a permanent site. We travel and if our campsite is not "perfect" it does not bother us too much, because we know within 2 weeks we'll be moving again.

The thing you have to do is remember you are still a temporary tenant there and the campground is running a business. Times are changing. It may come to the point where the park you are at right now, may someday be completely switched over to tiny houses and there will be absolutely no RV as folks depart one-by-one over time, and management determines that tiny homes have something more to offer (financially) than RV who are more transient.

One of the problems I've experienced with campgrounds and RV parks that have seasonal campers, or long term permanent campers is, the tenants begin to get territorial. They feel they have some inalienable right to set boundaries and dictate park rules. Some get so territorial, they are actually nasty people, skeptical and critical of everything when the "transient" campers come passing through. We've noticed, this inalienable "right" happens to campground hosts too, when they stay too long.

Don't get me wrong, I understand how this mind-set can happen. We are human. We all have our own self-built boundaries, and we all have our own life's expectations. Some are vocal, some are quiet. But we all experience a sense of "territorial" entitlement.

I know none of this helps your cause, but I suppose where I'm trying to go with this rant is simple: You just have to adapt. The landscape is changing right before your eyes. You either adapt and accept the change, or ... you camper does have wheels and it can relocate!

Good luck. And I do understand your concern. But sometimes, things are just way beyond our own control.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote