View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #32
MikeRP
Established Member

M.O.C. #22500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
I
Will a Diesel pull about anything, yes it will, can your truck stop an overloaded trailer, most likely. If you ever get in an accident and they look at your weights and capacities and see you are clearly overloaded, that may represent a whole bigger issue. I am now looking at Dually’s just to have more wiggle room but I am well within my trucks legal capacity and far from overloaded, just be safe.
I just want to point out the brakes on the F250 are the same as an F350. Stopping should be the same.

In my opinion. I’d keep the F250 and add some Firestone Ride Rite air bags tonsupport the rear end.

In my research I’ve found several tires that can give more capacity. General Grabber HD, Rated at 90 psi, And Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.js...num=97SR8REVO3

These have 4080 lbs per tire and are 1 inch taller. You should make sure not to exceed the tire rating which would be hard with these tires but also in my opinion don’t haul around anything you don’t use and I think a good bogey would be to stay below 15000 lbs with your trailer, so you got 1700 lbs of cargo. Over 16000, well In my opinion around that number, that’s the end of SRW territory and the beginning of duelie territory.

One thing also is that we all have to remember is that the same engine and transmission are towing 30000 lbs so that’s the reason you’d have not a lot of trouble pulling half that weight. My 3500 Ram has a .342 rear end.

Let us know how it does. On another note I respect all these folks opinions that have replied. I remember a famous movie where the actor said “opinions vary”. These are my opinions only, I can’t wait to see as you work this out, what yours will be also. Because empirical data is lots of times better than folks like me giving conjectures. Lol