View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 07:42 PM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Like said ... do a search and you'll find previous threads, but I'll answer to get lively conversation started on opposing opinions again. Had them on my last 2 fivers and wouldn't buy another without them. I fully understand that RV dual panes are not made the same as stick house dual panes and are not as efficient. They do make a difference in heating and cooling to some degree. Where they really shine is almost nonexistent condensation on the windows in winter while running the heater. The one advantage that I never would have guessed till I had dual panes is "reduced campground noise". It's amazing how they reduce most all noise from a noisy neighbor as compared to single panes. Now an open framed generator ... you'll still hear those. But, you'd hear one of those if you had no windows at all on your fiver. Some of the naysayers don't realize the cold air you still feel falling away from the windows in winter is mostly coming from the aluminum window frames. Same goes for the heat radiating in the summer ... just touch a window frame. They weigh a bit more, but not enough to make a difference to most anyone's personal habits. In conclusion ... money well spent.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote