View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #16
gjennings
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N OH View Post
4 300 watt panels only gets you 1200 watts. Nowhere near enough to run an A/C unit. That was one of the O.P.’s stated goals. Sure, you could run lights & other low demand loads. By the time you buy your 4 panels, charge controller, batteries, wiring, Inverter, etc. you’ll have about the same money in your system as the 2 Honda’s & still not be able to run an A/C unit for any appreciable amount of time. Plus, you can use the generators on a cloudy day, or in the middle of the woods. What’s your solar setup going to do on that cloudy day or in shady conditions?
It was very cloudy this passed weekend in the woods and it worked just fine. Solar still produces power during over cast days. My house solar even produces power on cloudy days.
And air conditioning can be ran off solar but your battery bank will depend on how long. I can run mine 20 minutes to cool at night for sleeping. I do keep a generator for emergencies but have not had to use it. But no one wants to listen to a generator running all day either.
Not full timers yet but soon
gjennings is offline   Reply With Quote