Thread: Shower Leak
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Steve, that is an interesting theory I may have to ask the dealer about. When the shower leaks, I can actually see the water running between the shower surround & wall when viewed from the water supply line hole in the basement. It's not much, I would guess it's about a teaspoon per shower. I just can't figure out how it is getting behind the surround. I know it is not from the underside of the faucet connections because I could see them when looking for the leak. Here in AZ we have very little water issues with our rigs compared to other parts of the country. It's so hot and dry here...(unlike Texas where it is hot and humid), that I can't imagine any condensation being able to form, or let alone stay actually wet for any length of time. We also don't have any type of mold issues either because of the dry climate. I have put up my awning in driving rain, packed up and headed home. The next day when I put out the awning, it is bone dry because of the heat and low humidity. That makes it nice in most cases, but the downside is my 1 15K a/c won't cool the fiver below about 85 degrees in the summer until the sun goes down, and that is with awning out, and foil bubble wrap covering all the windows. Hmmmmm...so the mystery continues......

Me, "outnumbered" by three red heads...my dear wife
& 2 DD's, plus Sam & Taylor the yellow camping labs.
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4
8.1L big block/Allison
06 Mountaineer 319BHD w/Trailair Pin Box
AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote