Thread: Curious..
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 11:21 AM   #13
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
NADA is a good starting point as you'll be looking at what the bank will look at. Then check RV dealers in your area to see what they are asking. It also depends on how quickly you want to sell. Right now RV sales are pretty hot and most dealers are low on inventory so take that into consideration. A friend in my golf league whose wife passed in Feb decided to sell his rig. Checked NADA and sold both truck and 5er to the first caller at his asking price with no dickering. I would go a bit above NADA and see what offers you get.
Banks only reference NADA for Financed amount so unless you are financing 100% do not even bother with Nada. In fact when I financed our last Class A (2017 Bounder) 2 years ago my CU just gave me a check then I went out and picked my RV without EVER letting them know what model I was buying. I then sold that Class a for $22k over NADA that was 2019 before I bought my Montana. The year before that I sold my previous Class A (2014 Bounder for nearly $30K over NADA. The market (current sales) sets the price not NADA.

You also have to look at what the lowest price is for new models and then calculate that as well.

When I bought my current Montana NADA had the value at a 48% loss compared to MSRP and that was 6 months after it sold new. While RVs depreciate not at that rate. NADA is a Joke.

Again Market determines sales.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote