View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 05:42 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I must be missing something here. In the past, when the w/d prep was ordered the water, drain, and electrical hookups were put into an existing closet. The new owner could then have w/d installed or could use it as a closet, adding the w/d later or not at all. I wasn't aware the w/d prep is now standard but don't see how it would have changed to mean if you don't want a w/d then you have wasted space. The '05 models we saw at the Tampa show all looked as if those spaces could be used as closets so long as no w/d were installed. Am I missing something?

Something we saw in the new version of our model that we didn't care for, well two things actually.... one is the same as padre's comment about the bathroom sink being on the bed side of the curtain. That doesn't work well for us at all since we don't always arise at the same time of morning. The second is in our current 3295rk our w/d is in the closet between bedroom and water closet. We have a coat closet next to the entry door. Actually, we have three compartments there, six doors. Two compartments we use for various storage and in the other we hang our jackets, coats, gloves, etc. And a big flashlight (our original wall mounted flashlight died long ago). In the new model the w/d prep goes in that space next to the front door. That's ok except we really like having a coat closet there. Probably a bigger deal for fulltimers who actually would put a w/d there and who have a more frequent need to store jackets and the like. I'd be willing to stay with a queen bed to keep the w/d and the coat closet arrangement we have in our '03. Maybe there could be a kingbed option with today's arrangment and a Queenbed option with the old arrangement. More cost to Keystone, so not likely. I have seen some mfrs with alternate optional plans for the upstairs area.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote